- See the updated state-wide information about Large Ensemble Assessment 2021 HERE
- Large Ensemble Assessment Registration Form HERE
- Below is information from Jessica Fain, District IV Director:
- Event Details
- Registration Form (see email from Jessica for form or email her) will be due April 16th.
- Registration fee is $100 for LMEA members. ($125.00 for non LMEA members)
- Send form and fee to Bluff Middle School 15464 Bluff Rd. Prairieville, La 70769 Att. Jessica Fain
- The check needs to be made payable to LMEA District IV
- You will also need to send a copy of your registration form and a copy of your scanned scores to your selections to Greg Oden so that he can put them into your Google Drive folder.
- After Greg has received your form and scores you will be sent a link to a Google Drive folder where you can upload AUDIO-ONLY recordings of your ensemble and digital scans of your scores. Audio recordings can be made on any audio recording device, including phones, and needs to be saved as an mp3 file.
- Recordings and scores will be due by Saturday, May 1st
- Judges will have until Sunday, May 9th to listen and assign a rating to all of the recordings. Judge's sheets and comments will be uploaded to your Google Drive folder when they have been made available.
- A stage concert plaque will be awarded to any ensemble who receives all superiors.
- Performance Requirements
· There will be no sight-reading this year.
· Ensembles are required to perform at least one piece but can perform up to three.
· One piece must be off of ANY prescribed music list of ANY grade level (a supplemental list has been provided and is attached to this email).
· Ensembles may still participate for comments-only.
- The adjudication panel will consist of 3 adjudicators
- I recommend taking a look at the rubric that the adjudicators will be using to assess your ensembles performance. (Choral)
- LMEA has put together a full modifications list that may answer any additional questions you may have. I hope this gives everyone a better idea of how assessment will go this year. I also hope that this event provides something for you and your students to look forward to.